Sunday 6 June 2010

Who knew strawberries had flowers?

Not me! After a day in the studio working on new earrings for autumn/fall I walked across the garden to the house to see that our strawberry plants have sprouted lovely little white flowers! This is the first time we're growing anything in our little patch of earth, so this is very exciting, and a big learning curve. The white flowers seem a strange precursor to the fat red fruit that's coming, but here they are:


The bok choy has been amazingly easy to grow, and it's sooo good looking, it's going to be a stir-fry summer for sure.




Having come in to check the computer I found that some lovely person has included me in their Etsy Treasury called A Day in the Garden, how fitting. It's been a garden day all around the world. She used my Green Goddess earrings, which really do fit with all the beautiful green tones of a summer garden.


And so begins my blog. A diary of my craftsmanship and jewellery creations, from my little garden studio in Northumberland - possibly the nicest Greenest land in which to be living when the sun is shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment